My Irish 34 is a medium sized harp, with features
typical of modern Irish or Scottish lever harps. The bright,
lively sound comes from the specially selected soundboard wood,
carefully thicknessed to maximize tone. The shell of the soundbox
is constructed of seven staves perfectly joined to make the arched
shape essential to great sound. The T form of the pillar and
the hatchet shaped harmonic curve are traditional Irish design
features. The Celtic decorations are reminiscent of those seen
on the McFall harps made in Dublin in the 19th century.
- Carefully laminated 5 ply cherry neck and pillar
- Seven staved soundbox of solid cherry wood
- Solid spruce soundboard, hand thicknessed for proper resonance
- Celtic decorations printed in vibrant colors on vinyl base
- Clear, clean sound from fluorocarbon
strings, steelcore in bass octave, bottom note C.
- Proper tension and string spacing
for good technique.
- Loveland sharping levers.
- Very portable, comfortable to
- Lightweight travel case.
- Total weight of harp in case
is about 26 lbs. Harp alone is about 20 lbs.
- Base price of $3,995 includes case and tuning wrench, extra
- This harp can be delivered wiith
Kortier pickups installed. This does
not change the accoustic properties of the harp, but allows you
to plug into any sound system with no need for additional equipment.
The harp when equipped in this way, as an acoustic/electric harp,